The FICO credit score is on a scale from 300 to 850. The scale is divided up into ranges from bad to excellent.
- A bad credit score ranges from 300 to 560
- A fair credit score ranges from 560 to 660
- A good credit score ranges from 660 to 725
- A very good credit score ranges from 725 to 760
- An excellent credit score ranges from 760 to 850
Keep in mind, there is not just one FICO credit score. A different FICO score is created by each of the 3 major credit reporting agencies using FICOs scoring system. Even though they use the same method to calculate the score, each agency might have slightly different information in their version of your credit report. These variations can cause the FICO scores to be slightly different in each case.
Credit rating agencies FICO Score Names
- Equifax – BEACON
- Experian – Experian/FICO Risk Model
- TransUnion – FICO Risk Score
- How do they calculate your credit score?
- How to get a free credit report
- See loan rates based on your FICO credit score at myFico.com